Thursday, October 15, 2009

Workout Withdrawal

I am going through workout withdrawal. I am in California for work. I have been in back to back meetings, lunches and dinners, and have had zero down-time.

I arrived on a Sunday, and go home on Friday. When I arrived I went for a run, because I had time. Monday I did not workout. Tuesday I did a workout in my hotel room, but I wish it could have been more. It was not enough. Wednesday I did not work out. Today is Thursday, and so far, I have not worked out. I am hoping to workout this evening, unless another dinner outing is scheduled. I am not even secretly hoping that a dinner is not scheduled… I am practically telling everyone I work with that I don’t want to go out to dinner tonight.

I need my fix. I don’t want time off from working out. I need my fix. Yes, I do realize that rest days are important for recovery, but too many rest days leads to workout withdrawal. At least for this workout junkie. I am accustomed to 5 days on, one day off. And the one day off is not always completely off. Sometimes it is what I refer to as “active rest”. I might hike or teach an aerobics class. I try to take the one day off, but it doesn’t always work out as planned. I am a workout junkie, I need my fix.

Today is Thursday. There are no dinners planned. I will be getting my fix.

No comments: